1. Individual, Marriage and Family Counseling Service
Counseling service is mainly conducted in face-to-face interview. Family therapist would provide a safe environment for clients and families in exploring, enhancing and rebuilding connections with the self and the others.
Family Counseling: Parent-child relationship, single-parent stress, parenting gifted and SEN children, trans-generational relationship, remarried families, and family crisis.
Couple counseling: Marital relationship, couple communication.
Individual counseling: Personal growth, personality analysis, interpersonal relationship, stress management, psychological and emotional distress, adolescent behavior and emotion counseling.
Provided by senior Marriage & Family Therapist/ Supervisor:
HK$1,500 ~ HK$2,200 per hour
Provided by Marriage & Family Therapist/ Counsellor:
HK$1,000 ~ HK$1,200 per hour
Provided by Semi-obligatory Counsellor:
HK$600 per hour
Provided by Intern/ Voluntary Counsellor:
HK$200 per hour
2. Pre-marital counseling
People may feel stressful and anxious when they are getting married. This may also affect individuals’ well-being and the couple relationship. Pre-marital counseling can help couples to enhance their mutual understanding and develop a secure emotional bond. That also helps to increase couple’s confidence in facing the changes and challenges in their lives.
A. Prepare/Enrich Pre-marital Counseling Program
The program includes exploring:
- Meaning and expectation in marriage
- Influences of families of origin on the couple
- Personality issues
- Communication pattern
- Skills in active listening and assertiveness
- Conflict resolution strategies
- Sexual relationship and family planning
- Couple closeness and family closeness
- Leisure activities
- Financial management
Including scoring and analysis of questionnaire, and 4 interview session each of 1.5hr (total 6hrs).
B. T-JTA Pre-marital Program
The program includes:
- T-JTA personality test scoring and analysis
- Exploring the impact of family of origin on the couple’s character and relationship
- Communication pattern and conflict resolution strategies
- Sexual relationship, family planning, financial management, social activities
Including scoring and analysis of questionnaire, and 4 interview session each of 1.5hr (total 6hrs).
C. Love Journey – Marriage Education Course
Love Journey was born out of our desire to help more couples maintain healthy, happy relationships amidst the pressures of our modern society. Love Journey is a practical and friendly workshop experience for couples, designed to enhance and strengthen relationships. We look to creatively enrich a couple’s life together and give the opportunity to set romantic aims and commitments for the relationship. The workshop is facilitated over 12 hours by experienced and qualified marriage and family therapists using a range of activities and conversations. We’ll help you identify, as a couple, what you want that future to look like. And we’ll support you to put the groundwork in place to achieve it.
Course Founder: Dr. Hans Everts
Dr. Hans Everts has more than 35 years’ experience as a psychologist. He has post-graduate qualifications and professional registration in Clinical Psychology and Educational Psychology, and completed his PhD in Counselling Psychology. Hans studied at the University of Canterbury and University of Auckland in New Zealand. He has taught at the University of Auckland since 1970, primarily as Coordinator of Counsellor Education. He currently holds an Honorary Research Fellow position at the University of Auckland.
- Session 1 – Introduction and setting the context. Personal wellness or integrity
- Session 2 –The couple’s emotional relationship
- Session 3 – Effective communication
- Session 4 – Teamwork and effective action. Program conclusion
Target group: couples who married for less than 1 year or prepare to get married within 2 years
No. of participants: 4-5 couples in a group
$2,999 per couple
4 sessions, 3 hours per session (Total 12 hours)
3. Career Counselling and Assessment
Given the complex and protean nature of human experiences, adult career development is a non-linear, complex and dynamic process, which is highly susceptible to change and unpredictability. Career dilemma and accompanying emotional distress can thus take place at any stage of career development. Vocational counselling and assessment provides space and opportunity for you to:
- Gain a deeper self-awareness of your interest, ability, value and personality, through a series of career assessment tools and collaborative counselling process, so that you can make career choices that align with your authentic self.
- Form a coherent sense of personal identity, life roles and life themes by integrating seemingly fragmented and random life and career stories, and thus finding your own purpose or meaning in life.
- Hear your inner voice and find your inner resources that will navigate you through the turbulence of career exploration and change.
- Process emotional difficulties and career dilemma that repeatedly hinders your career development.
Initial consultation: $1200/1.5hr
Subsequent sessions: $800/1hr
Note: Administration of career assessment tools will be charged separately, if applicable. Please make enquiry with Family Dynamics for details. T: 24681261
4. Children Play Therapy
In play therapy, therapist provides a secure environment to children to express their emotions, such as anger, anxiety, fear, hatred, loneliness, guilt, worries, sadness, etc. Through play, children can relieve their stress; develop their self-confidence, self-esteem, and problem solving abilities. This can help children to enhance their emotional quotient (EQ) and improve their deviant behaviors and interpersonal relationship. Play therapy can also help children in facing stresses due to various family changes, such as parental divorce, death of family members, chronic diseases, hospitalization, moving house, changing schools, etc.
For special needs children, such as ADHD, learning difficulties, Asperger, play therapy can also help with some of the above problems. Play therapy is suitable for children aged 3-10. Play therapy is conducted by professional therapist in one-to-one session. It takes 50 minutes per session, and 10 to 20 sessions for the whole course. Therapist would meet and discuss with parents periodically to follow-up the progress of their children. Our play therapists have professional qualifications including Master Degree in marriage and family therapy, education and play therapy certificate.
Play therapy can help children to deal with the following emotional and behavioral problems.
- Insufficient self-esteem and self-confidence, withdrawal from challenges and difficulties, easy to give up.
- Extreme withdrawal, fear of connecting with others, worry of being laughed at.
- Lack of learning motivation, fear to go to school.
- Anxiety, fear, need of intense care and accompaniment of caregiver.
- Short-tempered, problems with sleeping and eating.
- Rebellious, not following roles.
- Temper tantrum, problems with controlling emotions, fight with other people.
First parent consultation :
Provided by registered play therapist/ Supervisor
HK$6000 for a course of therapy (6 sessions)
Provided by senior play therapy worker
HK$4800 for a course of therapy (6 sessions)
Provided by play therapy worker
HK$3600 for a course of therapy (6 sessions)
It includes 5 sessions of children play therapy (45 minutes per session) and 1 parent follow-up session.
5. Child Assessment
The Child assessment is conducted by Clinical Psychologists or Pediatricians. They provide developmental and diagnostic assessments for children aged 0-12 with special educational needs. They include:
- Cognitive abilities (IQ)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Emotional and Behavioral problems
Please make enquiry with Family Dynamics’s clerks for details. T: 2468 1261
6. SEN Training
Children with special educational needs are facing different level and aspects of developmental challenges, such as cognition, emotion, behavior, social and interpersonal communication problems. Children can improve their learning effectiveness through suitable training in their early stage. This service serves children aged 3-12 with special learning needs and difficulties, such as Gifted, Autism, Asperger, learning difficulties, attention deficit, hyperactive disorder, developmental problems, language problems, and other emotional and behavioral problems. SEN Training is conducted by experienced pre-school teachers and special education trainers in one-to-one session. The training is carried out 50 minutes per session and 1 session per week.
- Fine motor training
- Gross motor training
- Language training
- Self-care training
- Social and emotional training
- Learning difficulties
- Emotional and behavioral problem
- Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Language disorders
- Communication disorders
HK$800/hr for first assessment
HK$800/50-min session for training
7. SEN Children’s Family Support Service
Parents of special needs children may experience stress and complex emotions that may influence the family interactions and relationship. Parents may spend a lot of time and energy in taking care of their special child. They may overlook the needs of themselves, their spouse and other children. If there is not enough support in the adjustment process, families may have conflicts, disengagement, parent-child and other sibling relationship problems. This service aims at supporting families with special needs children and helps parents to understand the family dynamics. Therapist would also help families to explore their strengths and resources in struggling through the adjustment process.
Children with special education needs include:
- Intellectual Disability
- Hearing impairment
- Visual Impairment
- Physically Disability
- Autism / Asperger Syndrome
- Learning Difficulties
- Attention Deficit and Hyperactive Disorder
- Emotional / Behavioural Difficulties
SEN children’s family support service is conducted by Senior SEN consultant.
8. Talks and Workshops
In order to promote family cohesion, happy marriage and mental health, we offer talks, workshops and courses to different organizations and groups. They include parent education, nurturing of giftedness, children and adolescent development, social and emotion development, family of origin, enneagram and interpersonal relationship, etc.
Please contact Family Dynamics for the various topics on talks and workshops.
Schools: numerous schools in kindergartens, primary schools and secondary schools.
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (IVE)
- Vocational Training Council-Tsing Yi Campus
- Hong Kong College of Technology
Government Bodies and NGOs
- The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hong Kong
- The Neighbourhood Advice-Action Council
- Free Methodist Church Tuen Mun Children & Youth Integrated Services Centre
- Hong Kong Red Cross John F. Kennedy Centre
- YMCA of Hong Kong
- Youth Diabetes Action
- The Boys’ & Girls’ Clubs Association of Hong Kong Kornhill Children Centre
- Hong Kong Professional Teachers’ Union
- The Neighbourhood Advice-Action Council Tung Chung Integrated Services Centre
- The Hong Kong Institute of Family Education
- Hong Kong Correctional Services – Education Unit
- Yan Chai Hospital – Dreams Do Come True
- Amazing Grace Christian Church
- The Christian Alliance College Church
- The C & MA Alliance Wah Kee Church
- Tree of Life Missionary Network
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
- Bank of Communications Co., Ltd.
- United Overseas Bank
- Health Plus Magazine
- EVI Services Limited